This is the new Internet 2 model.
Using Distributed computing (peer to peer) to cut your bandwidth costs
and spread them across the network providers.
Now you can distribute electronic files such as movies with no storage
or bandwidth or backup costs.
When the "Product" is spread over thousands of home computers it is also
hard to cut off the source.
Those that can pay and have excess capacity subsidize those with less.