All I can say is, Bandwidth is cheap, labor and time aren't.
The problem is cheap equipment is expensive to maintain, and expensive
equipment is cheap to maintain.
Again, if not in control of the installation, design, and equipment
selection, is it worth teh liabilty to flat rate a cost, to guarantee
someone else's choices?
Then you need to ask, what type and level of support is going to be
expected?
End user connecting and speed troubleshooting? Or fixing APs when they
break?
At the end of the day.... the best option is to convinece the tower owner to
just give you the tower space free, and you do your thing as a commercial
organization, and because your access to the tower will be free, you'll be
able to offer more cost effective service to the subscribers via a discount
of some sort.  Or give a loss leader free service. For example 384k free,
paid access for 2mbp, etc.

If they still want to offer it to the public for free, and be in control of
it.... Thdn you do it like Staff posiitioning.
I can give you a Network engineer for $50k/year, and you have can have him
for 40 hrs pper week, or I can give you a network engineer for 20 hrs per
week at $30k per year, etc.
If you demand better support, we'll add techs, etc.. If there is low usage,
you'll downgrade the number of hours needed.

Or if out sources, thats $2 per month per user. So 1500 people time.=
$3000/mon or $36000 per year.

Then you can get realistic about how many people will really be able to be
served.... closer to 100? :-)

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband