From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On Behalf
Of Jerry Richardson
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2009 5:07 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Apartment Buildings

BPL is not a good solution. Issues with corroded splices, line noise, and
generally limited distance is part of why moto discontinued it.

Wireless would be my last choice for so many reasons, mostly due to
interference but there are other issues such as reliabilty, consistency, hidden
node, bandwidh hogs, etc.

IMO vdsl from moto or netsys is the highest reliabilty, highest bandwidth (up
to 70mbps) solution. Drop it in, cross connect and drop the modem in their
apartment at their prefered phone jack and get out. I have not had one vdsl
modem or switch fail in over 4 years. I don't even think about them, they just
work.

Jerry Richardson
airCloud Communications
Sent Mobile (Probably one handed)