5Mb, and 5 min to spin up...

Remember watching the lights dim when you turned it on?

Chuck Bartosch wrote:
Yeah, I remember getting my first one. Felt guilty as hell splurging
on that 10 MB version instead of the 5 MB-or instead of just using the
perfectly fine second floppy drive. My (now ex-) wife was very
supportive though...and said "oh, you should get it". So I did.
Graduate students only made like $2/hour back then. Unless you counted
all 90 hours we were expected to put in. In that case it was a bit
less per hour...

...too bad the kids had to starve though to pay for that first hard
drive...

Chuck