Sounds like you have one or more infected customers that are flooding the AP. Also, 120 customers is not acceptable for a Mikrotik AP. We keep our MT AP's under 50 people (and try to stay around 30).

Also, you can easily "copy and paste" from one board to another. You do an "export" from the one and an "import" to the other. We do it all the time. :)

Travis
Microserv

Forbes Mercy wrote:
I had a whole lot planned for this weekend, instead I spent 15 hours of it working on an AP that won't behave.  It's the third long fix period I've had to do for Microtik this weekend, while I do have 20 AP's and backhauls under that brand, none work easily, and the frustrations are plentiful.

SO Last week we upgraded a prizim chip to an XR2 on a three radio card 133c.  We started to have problems with the new card randomly dropping then after disable/enable would come back up.  As the week went on it happened more frequently.  First solution, change out the new card, no difference.  The next was a new power supply.  Figured that was it since the 133 was running on a 12v, we upgraded to an 18iv, no change.  So this weekend upgraded to a 433ah board and the three cards (2 XR2's and 1 SR1 as you know you can't put three XR2's in a 433 cause they made the slots too close together), no change, now the board wouldn't drop the connections it just increased latency dramatically after a few minutes, then resume low pings (average at this tower is 4ms) for about 50 cycles then get worse until about 4000 then time outs.

Today after manually entering the 120 people on the new board (four hours since you can't cut/paste to a Microtik) the ethernet port dropped.  I should point out I'm on my third trip up my steepest mountain where my jeep struggles to get up it.  Power cycle and it's up (yes I'm well aware of remote reboot systems but its never been a problem so it was low priority).  Tonight my after hours is slammed with "my Internet is so slow" calls from that tower and sure enough 4000ms pings.  I've spent all weekend on it and I don't know what else to do, any ideas out there?  I know these radio's pretty well so I've tried the simple stuff (adjust power, change frequencies, blah blah)  HELP!

Not a pretty weekend,
Forbes
forbes.me...@wabroadband.com