Hi Marlon,

Solar isn't that hard we just need to look at a details to figure out what is
required and move on from there
here are details to figure out about solar to make sure it works right

1.  figure out how many watt-hours a day he will need for MT radio. Average and
maximum watt-hours

2. what voltage he needs for his radios

3.  latitude of the site

4. Average low temperature (how cold does it get)

5. Does the radio site have an unobstructed view of the Sun's path through the
sky?

6. Other stuff, like physical security,

7. back up battery capacity (how many days operation without charging (for fog
or cloudy days, or low sun availability - winter.) Your message stated that
there were few of those days.

8. And depending on difficulty of reaching the site, what PMI interval would be
desired. (affects component and battery choices.)

9. And what kind of OOB management and remote reset capabilities are desired.
(cellular access, for example)

I've used Talley in the past for solar in the past.  You can give them the
details and they'll spec it, quote it, and build it it for you
Albert Esquer [aesq...@talleycom.com] is the gentleman I've worked with while
at Invensys

Paul Rice