From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Marlon K. Schafer
Sent: Friday, August 28, 2009 11:34 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Antenna Mount extensions

We mount to the roof when we have to.  Last resort but there are times
when
it's the only option.

We put down silicone then run the mounting screws though that.  Never
had a
leak.  People have been mounting things on roofs for a very very long
time.

As for brick, we use GOOD plastic anchors and longer screws than they
would
normally have.  None have fallen off yet.  When running the cable I
drill
the anchor holes into the mortar instead of the brick.

I finally broke down and bought a nearly top of the line Bosch hammer
drill.
The DeWalt cordless is nice, but it's not really capable of dealing with

high end brick or concrete.

laters,
marlon