> If ISPs practice active bandwidth management then they should not need to
> practice content management.

Agreed. "should" not need.

 > ISPs should not be able to tell me (or you) what we can or can't send or who
 > we can or can not send it to or receive it from.

Disagree. Things dont always work as they "should", and the dominant players
control the negoatiation. Thre are some services that historically are expected
to be offered by an Access provider, and access providers need the option to
offer them reliably without copetitive sabatage or threat.  The most common
example is... No, a goliath ISP should not be allowed to say....
"I dont want to receive or send mail to small ISP, so we are going to block
it".  Nor should they be able to say "no, we aren't going to accept DNS queries
from the small ISP", unless in violation of AUP prior to it being solved.

"content" needs to be defined, differently than "services" that all ISP must be
able to offer and exchange communication with all other ISP..

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband