Not sure if Linksys has fixed it, but we determined a while back the
lockup problem with them was the lack of robustness in their power
supply.  They work fine in the city where the electricity doesn't sag
or spike, but in the country they are always locking up.  Wind blows
trees against lines, farmer turns on huge corn dryer ...