I said this in another post, but they're talking about keeping
Time-Warner Cable from prioritizing Time-Warner entertainment's content
over NBC, or myspace over facebook or youtube over hulu not whether or
not you can block outgoing smtp traffic from a bot-netted machine or
illegal uploads of copyrighted material.  BTW, how do tell if someone's
uploading the latest copyrighted hollywood movie illegally over
bittorrent as opposed to uploading GNU copyrighted open source stuff
such as a linux distribution?  I don't think anyone is going to fault
you for throttling outgoing content.  chances are, http servers are not
going to be on your network except in those special business cases that
require a web host.  Even then, its probably to provide web access to
their exchange server.

And if your policy is to prioritize VOIP traffic over everything else, I
don't think they're going to come after for that, especially if its in
your network management policy announcement.

I just don't think its as bad as you all make it out to be.

--Curtis