On clarification, when you save a map, RM does not save the picture.
Saving a picture is a separate function.
If you save the picture as a JPG, it also creates a KML file.  While the
picture does not have the units which you can open the kml in Google
Earth.  If you have the units there as well, you will get what you are
looking for.
You may want to join the RM Yahoo group and ask there.  I know there was
some discussion about this earlier, but I do not remember all that was said.

--
Scott Reed
Sr. Systems Engineer