From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Scott Carullo
Sent: Saturday, October 10, 2009 1:29 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] MK VPLS via BGP!

And then MT releases next ROS and it all breaks lol

No really, I love all of their products and use them all as well, but I
would not dare use the fairly new functionality you just deployed on
your
network myself.

Aside from that, I'm into learning and making things better...  Having
said
that, why do you see your scenario a much better implementation than say
-
a router EoIP tunnel between sites that need to talk to one another.
Thats
what I would use.  Why?  Because it only take a sec to configure on each

customer router that needs to talk, has no iBGP or any other overhead
traversing the network, has been implemented in ROS since the beginning
and
only tunnels traffic that needs to go between the sites - no broadcasts
etc
(unless I want it to).

Correct me if I am wrong...  but your implementation for hooking up -
say 4
customer sites - would cause all the traffic between those sites to
traverse your core router.  My implementation scenario would only cause
routed traffic to go directly between required sites more efficiently.

Scott Carullo
Brevard Wireless
321-205-1100 x102