Hmmm, I thought that there was one with something like 100 questions on it.
I must have my issues mixed up.

Anyway here's an idea that I think is worth of discussion.

I think we should toss out the idea that sensing mechanisms should be
allowed so that ANY open frequencies can be used.

A couple of easy examples would be 2.5 ghz bands.  Those are NOT used in
large parts of the country.  Today's wifi chips will go up to those
frequencies with a firmware change!  Wifi already has a listen before
talking mechanism.  It shouldn't be impossible to add a little bit of
intelligence and coordination to the mechanism and allow a nearly free
expansion of the 2.4 gig wifi band.

The same could be said for 900mhz.  Most of what's on either side of it is
paging systems.  Yet many paging systems are long gone now, especially in
rural areas.  Why not open up the bands on an as available basis?

If we can convince the FCC to allow these types of mechanism we could have a
unlicensed underlay that gives us a LOT more spectrum!

Thoughts?
marlon

P.S.  I'm tossing this idea back out on the public list for some more
discussion relating to this idea.  It's a major policy change (for the fcc)
so I'd like to hear people's thoughts on asking for it.