Only reason why the feed arm is longer on a higher gain dish or grid is
because the grid or dish is larger and the focal point is further away from
the dish so the arm has to be longer but that is independent of frequency
because the focal point will always be at the same place on the same dish no
matter frequency.

Think of a dish as a magnifying glass. Depending on the size and shape of
the glass you have to hold it so far away to get best magnification.
Remember when you where kid and toasted ants with a magnifying glass you had
to hold it so far away from the ant to get that really strong white pinpoint
on the ant. If you took a different size glass you had to change the
distance but the distance was always the same for the one particular glass
no matter what kind of light source (sun, light bulb, fluorescent, candle).
The same is true with a dish / grid. The size and shape of it determine
where all the "light" (in our case RF) is being strongest bunched up and the
frequency is just different light sources.

Replace the feed that is designed for a different frequency on the dish/grid
and that grid now work on that frequency.

But with a grid the higher frequency your wanting to use the closer the
spacing between the grid members has to be to be the most efficient. 1"
works good for 900 and 2.4 but 0.5" is recommended for 5Ghz or higher.
On a solid dish you have no such issues or concerns since it's a "perfect"
mirror.

/ Eje

Dear animal protection activists. No ants where harmed in this telling... ;)