On Fri, 2009-10-23 at 15:29 -0400, jp wrote:
> Anyone use their routers? I'm wondering if they overstate their performance
> greatly or if they are conservative in their promises.
>
> I'm considering using one to replace an aging Cisco. The Cisco has been
> reliable, but it's running out of steam with 150mbit going through it pretty
> steady, and low on memory for more BGP. Mikrotik I love, but I don't trust
> their BGP and software feature testing in new software releases for something
> this important.
>
> This Juniper is about $3k and has pretty nice specs.
> http://www.juniper.net/us/en/products-services/routing/j-series/j2350/

What interfaces to you need?  I have used Juniper in the past and found
them to be pretty decent routers.  $3k does not sound like what is
pictured there, though.

* Butch Evans                   * Professional Network Consultation*
* http://www.butchevans.com/    * Network Engineering              *
* http://www.wispa.org/         * Wired or Wireless Networks       *
* http://blog.butchevans.com/   * ImageStream, Mikrotik and MORE!  *