I run NAT, and my answer is to put each tower, or sector in cases where there is more than one radio on a tower, on it's own public NAT.

That way I only have 20 or so users behind one IP

It also makes it easier to track down DMCA take down  notices.

Scott Reed wrote:
<RANT>
So, as with so much that goes on the lists, not just this one, "oh, you
aren't doing it my way so the fix is do it my way."  What a bunch of
baloney!!
There are lots of ways to do almost everything we do as ISPs.  What
really needs to happen is for people to read the post, think about what
the real question is and then, if and only if, the can pose a solution
to the real problem, post a suggestion.

But, since the only posts I have seen to Matt's is give everyone a
public address, I have a few questions:

So, who is going to buy Matt a block of IPs to fix this non-NAT issue?
I ask, because I do as Matt does and if that is the fix, I need someone
to buy me a block as well.
But the issue isn't really NAT, is it?
The real question is how does he deal with the current issue on his
current network?

</RANT>

Matt Larsen - Lists wrote:

We are having a problem with certain sites that are rejecting our
customers because they say the IP address has sent too much traffic over
the last 24 hours.   This is a problem, as 98% of our customers are
behind a single NATted IP address.   I am just changing the IP address
of the NAT server every 12 hours now, but am looking for a better
solution.   Anyone have any similar issues?

Matt Larsen
vistabeam.com