Is the interference to you or to the TV signal?

What is grounded and where? Perhaps you are causing a ground loop by doing
grounding
differently than they did or something?

If to the TV signal ? Are you using shielded cat5e cabling and grounding an end
of the
shield drain wire?

Any other stuff installed with it, like mikrotiks or switches or anything?

If to you, TV antennas on roofs don't transmit (currently). Any cell phone
tower
backhauls nearby or 5.8 phones? Perhaps the tv antennas are just a scapegoat.

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 06:14:52PM -0400, Adam Greene wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just installed a 5.8GHz Alvarion VL on a roof with lots of TV antennas.
> Interference was horrible. We were not expecting that, as the main TV
> antenna culprit says "490" on the side -- I assume 490MHz.
>
> My obscure reasoning tells me that if there were a really strong signal
> on 483.33MHz, it might create a harmonic on 5.8GHz, which is 12 x 483.33.
>
> Has anyone seen interference of this type before? Do you think changing
> to horizontal polarization would help? Anything else we could do to
> mitigate the interference (besides putting up a lead barrier) :)
>
> Thanks,
> Adam

/*
Jason Philbrook   |   Midcoast Internet Solutions - Wireless and DSL
    KB1IOJ        |   Broadband Internet Access, Dialup, and Hosting
 http://f64.nu/   |   for Midcoast Maine    http://www.midcoast.com/
*/