Yes. 20MHz channel. but uses H-pol and V-pol

Daniel White

3-dB Networks

http://www.3dbnetworks.com

From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Travis Johnson
Sent: Saturday, October 31, 2009 9:57 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Backhaul Questions

Hi,

Does the Radwin require dual-polarity antennas? How large of channel size to
get the 100Mbps?

Travis
Microserv

3-dB Networks wrote:

Eric,

I can only answer the non-MT questions :-)

For roughly $3,700 you could get a Radwin 2000 link, which is a quad-band
(2.4GHz, 5.2GHz, 5.4GHz, 5.8GHz) radio capable of 50Mbps each direction (or
100Mb aggregate).  It does not support GPS sync, but instead supports HSS,
which allows all co-located backhauls to be synced together.  If your
interested hit me offlist for more info.

Any backhaul should technically support VoIP... the question becomes the PPS
capability so you can determine how many calls at once you can handle.  With
64 byte frames the Radwin 2000 can achieve 37,000 PPS... so it should handle
most VoIP applications with no problems.  QoS could also be important... but
since it is a bridge you can prioritize at each end with MT routers.  Radwin
also offers QoS in the radio.

IMHO... nothing supports any real throughput at 12 miles in the 5.4GHz
band... legally.  Personally I feel 5.4GHz is limited to more like 5 miles
or so... although YMMV depending on the noise floor and the specific
equipment/modulation used.

I think Ligowave can technically get close to 60Mbps with a 40MHz channel...
but 40MHz in one polarity is a lot to burn IMO.

UbquiToy might be able to achieve the throughput... but I would check the
PPS and strongly question the interference rejection capability.

Daniel White
3-dB Networks
http://www.3dbnetworks.com