EIRP is the TRANSMIT total of BOTH the radio and the antenna gain.

So with a 4 watt, 36dB limit at the ap, you can't legally run a 1 watt (30
dB) radio into a 13dB sector.  You can only transmit 36-13 or 23 dB (about a
quarter watt) with a config like this.

And it doesn't take that much power at the base station to do amazing things
anyway.  I have systems with a total of 28dB (about a half watt) that will
deliver 2 to 3 megs to a client 15 to 16 miles away.  Point to Multipoint.

High powered base stations just muck up the airways anyway.  The more power
you put out at the AP the more likely you are to have a system that's always
fighting your other ap's.

Anyway, the question below was what receive level was there to get such good
throughput at such a long distance.  That's a function of TX power but ALSO
antenna gain.

I try to build my systems to use antenna gain at the CPE for power vs. high
power radios.  I wish I had a dollar for every high power system we have
talked people into swapping out with low powered systems over the years.
Reliability and performance always goes up.  I can think of NO exceptions to
that rule.

marlon