Feed and Grain stores sell bitters, but I find that any determined dog
will ignore the bitters and chew away.

In fact, just this morning I coincidentally happened to have some
bitters (gf bought it a while back) and thought "oh what the hell" and
sprayed it on something a dog was chewing on. The dog went right back
to it, licked it, shook his head, licked his chops, and licked the
wood again. Kept doing this, whining at times, until it was "all
clean" and he could chew again ;-).

However, I *have* found that Habanero Tabasco Hot Sauce works 100% of
the time. That's like 10,000 times hotter than normal jalapeno hot
sauce and they do not like and do not go back for a second lick.

Chuck

On Nov 9, 2009, at 10:18 AM, Greg wrote:

> Your local feed and grain or pet store should have aerosol dog
> repellent.
>
> Greg
>
> On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Kurt Fankhauser <k...@wavelinc.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I've had several customers that have had their dog chew on the Cat5
>> going
>> from the house to the TV tower and some of them multiple times.
>>

>> Anyone have ideas on how to keep the dog from chewing on the wire?
>> I've got
>> one customer on their 3rd Cat5 run and going out right now to
>> replace a
>> different customer that will be his 3rd one as well.
>>

>> I'm about ready to shoot the stinking dog..
>>

>> Kurt Fankhauser
>> WAVELINC
>> P.O. Box 126
>> Bucyrus, OH 44820
>> 419-562-6405
>> www.wavelinc.com

--------------
Chuck Bartosch
Clarity Connect, Inc.
200 Pleasant Grove Road
Ithaca, NY 14850
(607) 257-8268

"When the stars threw down their spears,
and water'd heaven with their tears,
Did He smile, His work to see?
Did He who made the Lamb make thee?"

 From William Blake's Tiger!, Tiger!