My neighbor who is also on Charter was able to route through us, and did
so during their last outage.   He still has a couple of T1s through AT&T
that are paid through the end of December, so he ended up routing
through those during this one.

OSPF and properly setup costs/NAT rules is wonderful.   Two months ago,
power outages struck a line that cut the power to the three towers that
provide redundant connections to the far eastern side of my network.
The five towers on the other side re-routed out through my neighbor's
network for a couple of hours until the connection was restored.   I
need to find someone to connect with in Casper, WY and Rawlins, WY and
then I'll have full survivability out to the edges of my system.

Matt Larsen
vistabeam.com