On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 10:57, Brad Belton <b...@belwave.com> wrote:

> While I haven't read the entire 2000+ page proposed bill I apparently have
> read more of it than you.

Clearly not, or else you'd know that the "fine" actually is just a tax
penalty, and that the current draft of the Senate Finance Committee bill
actually includes an explicit provision saying the exact opposite (i.e. you
explicitly cannot be jailed for failure to pay this specific tax).
http://www.factcheck.org/2009/11/imprisoned-for-not-having-health-care/

Don't get me wrong, the bill still is a travesty, but that's because it
doesn't go far enough in providing effective health care to tens of millions
of Americans.

David Smith
MVN.net