We've noticed 5.8 grids are far more affected by icing than 2.4 or 900.
Ice buildup isn't different, just attenuation is.

We stick to solid dishes or flat panels for 5.8.

On Tue, Dec 08, 2009 at 11:05:01AM -0500, Michael Baird wrote:
> I've been testing a few 5.8 grids for some p2p applications we are
> developing. I had some Pac Wireless 26db's from old stock, I brought in
> some Poynting 31's for testing, the Poynting's actually do worse then
> then Pac Wireless which was rated 5 db less. I'm looking for other
> Grids I should be looking at (reasonably priced)? From our experiences
> with 2.4 the Grid vendor seems to make a difference.
>
> Regards
> Michael Baird

/*
Jason Philbrook   |   Midcoast Internet Solutions - Wireless and DSL
    KB1IOJ        |   Broadband Internet Access, Dialup, and Hosting
 http://f64.nu/   |   for Midcoast Maine    http://www.midcoast.com/
*/