Tape around the splice, mastic around the tape then 3 more layers of tape.  But
I would waitfor a nice dry day so there is no moisture to deal with.

Just like a transmission line connector

Bob

From: Scott Reed <scottr...@onlyinternet.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 17:19:17
To: 'WISPA General List'<wireless@wispa.org>
Subject: [WISPA] Fixing buried cable

I have a customer that cut the cat 5 right at the ground in September.
I put a jack at the ground and a plug on the remaining cable and wrapped
it up as well as I could, knowing I would be back. Sure enough, today I
went back to re-fix it in the sleet.  What fun.  I think it is better
because I used a cat5 splice device and filled it  with RTV.
Anyone have a way to fix a cable that is underground?  I would rather
not run a new cable and make her bury another one if there is another way.

--
Scott Reed
Sr. Systems Engineer