LOL...

I was being lectured by some do-gooder online for my rotten morality, and my
answer to him was...

"So, I have invested my entire life savings, toiled for 4 years without a
paycheck to put all the cash back into the business, and have worked more
hours than can ever be accounted for.   My phone is on 24/7, people feel
free to call me from 5 AM to midnight, and expect me to respond, even if
it's a holiday weekend.    Nobody paid insurance for me,  I get no vacation,
I have no right to unemployment should I go broke,  but yet I face liability
and lawsuits if someone finds themselves inconvenienced.   I have no right
to a paycheck, compensation, health care, nor ANYTHING most employers pay to
employees...

But yet, after I've invested my whole life, sacrificed everything from
Christmas dinners to family vacations to marital happiness (should hear the
wife when I have to work and she had other ideas!), but should some person
with dubious skills, no experience, possibly no loyalty to me or my business
come to me and I see fit to take a chance on trading money for his time, I
have a moral obligation to give him things I don't have myself?    I OWE him
not laying him off, unlimited expenditures for training, health care
insurance, paid time off for vacations and assorted other benefits?

The twit in question then berated me for being a selfish capitalist.   I'm
supposed to do this without ever a thought to my own benefit, just do it for
everyone else.

At that point, I've given up on the "entitlement" crowd.   As far as I am
concerned, anyone who thinks ANY need is a "right" to demand someone else
provide is deficient, both in morality and in decency.    I have a right to
just one thing in this world - to breath.    Everything else is either
earned, or given out of generosity.    I am NOT your slave, you have no
right whatsoever to ANYTHING I do, no matter how fancy your argument about
how you want to live without stress or worry at the expense of others.
And I have no right to anything of yours, either.