On Dec 9, 2009, at 12:20 AM, MDK wrote:

> Every country with a government run medical system....   Denies  
> routine
> medical care, extraordinary medical care, or expensive medical care  
> on a
> routine basis.   This is why babies delivered by the NHS hospitals in
> Britain are less than 90% born in a hospital room or delivery  
> room.     The
> rest are born in hallways, waiting rooms, streets, cabs, or ambulances
> because there are no available rooms.    And, this number hasn't  
> changed
> significantly in years and will not change, because the government  
> simply
> hasn't enough money to expand facilities.
>
What is your point? Every private insurance company in the US denies  
routine medical care, extraordinary medical care, or expensive medical  
care on a routine basis.

> This is why in some cities in Canada, the wait for the assignment of a
> personal physician can take up to 5 years.    The government can't  
> hire
> enough doctors, and those that are hired have no incentive to take on
> greater case loads.
>
That would likely happen here as well if the entire population had  
access to healthcare. What isn't clear from your statement is that  
while true it is believed to only affect 5% of the Canadian  
population. Whereas around at least 15% of americans are in the same  
boat since they don't have insurance.

> This is why Veterinarians in Canada have near instant access to MRI
> machines, while people do not.    Veterinary services are free market,
> people's service are socialized.
>
I think your point is that if you pay for the MRI you can get it  
immediately. This is true for people in Canada as well.

> In every case, the government balances it's books by simply denying  
> services
> or delaying services to people.
>
Sounds like our private insurance companies only their books have to  
also balance the profit they need to deliver to their shareholders.

> I mean, it's so easy, once the government has to decide, not you  
> having to
> decide whether you have to sacrifice for charity, your conscience  
> and self
> righteousness can remain fully intact - it won't be YOUR fault they  
> died
> like my mother did, because Medicare refused treatment, right?     
> After all,
> Medicare denies treatment to "covered" patients MORE than any other  
> insurer,
> public or private, in some cases by more than 5 times as many  
> denials as
> private insurance.    Yet, Medicare has the largest percentage of  
> fraudulent
> payments of any insurer, BY FAR.    But, hey, if it's the government's
> responsibility, we're morally relieved of any personal  
> responsibility for
> those who suffer for a lack, right?
>
Cite your sources.

> Or, are you going to tell us that government can buy unlimited  
> health care
> for everyone?
>
No one thinks they can.

-Matt




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WISPA Wants You! Join today!
http://signup.wispa.org/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
WISPA Wireless List: wireless@wispa.org

Subscribe/Unsubscribe:
http://lists.wispa.org/mailman/listinfo/wireless

Archives: http://lists.wispa.org/pipermail/wireless/

Reply via email to