From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Josh Luthman
Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2009 9:56 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Trademark on a color?

Deere has Deere green.  Ridiculous as it seems it's true.

On 12/9/09, Robert West <robert.w...@just-micro.com> wrote:

I was looking through some invoices and just caught that UPS has a

trademark

on the color "Brown".  HUH?

I guess in the context of a package delivery company it would stick but

man,

what about "shades of brown"?

So I was thinking, as I randomly do, if I use every primary color in
different versions of my logo and trademark them all, wouldn't that leave
any other wireless company with no colors to do a darned thing with?

Just seems silly to trademark a color.

Can I trademark cats?  Or smells?  Or maybe the smell of a cat?  Who would
want to.

Bob-

----

Jack Unger - President, Ask-Wi.Com, Inc.
Technical Writing, Editing, and Training
Serving the Wireless, Networking, and Telecom Communities Since 1993
www.ask-wi.com  818-227-4220  jun...@ask-wi.com