From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Marlon K. Schafer
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2009 10:46 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Yagi vs. Grid?

http://www.odessaoffice.com/wireless/antenna/how_to_pick_the_right_antenna.h
tm

Take a look at the antenna patterns in there.  A yagi is actually a very
nice antenna.  Much better than a grid as far as MOST of the antenna pattern

goes.

I like panels better because they tend to be even better yet.

You can't get too big with a yagi.  For lots of gain you need a grid or
dish.

When Mike says grids leak he's talking about the RF not water (though that
can happen too).

laters,
marlon