Last year the WISPA Board went through an E X T E N S I V E review and discussion about Connected Nation. CN wanted WISPA to "join" which would have meant that they co-opt us. The Board's conclusion was "Bad for WISPA. CN is Telco tool".

Of course, CN didn't go away. They kept on consolidating their political power and they apparently got several State governments to grant them statewide mapping franchises. Now their (probably inaccurate) maps may become the "official" broadband coverage maps.

CN approached me again last April. I accepted their offer to "check out" their maps. I looked at their Minnesota State Map. It appeared to show that DSL was available in every square inch of the State. I found and still find it hard to believe that. I stopped talking with them at that time.

I'm still trying to figure out how to handle the little problem known as CN.

jack

Chuck Bartosch wrote:
Been lots of discussion about this. Without repeating all that discussion, I think the conclusion has been, "bad for us". Telco tool.

Chuck