From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Ugo Bellavance
Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 3:19 PM
To: wireless@wispa.org
Subject: [WISPA] Bandwidth limitation enforcement

Hi,

        We are currently looking at a way to make sure the bandwidth is
allocates more fairly amongst our (~300) users.  We have a 60mbps pipe
from our ISP, but some wise ones are dowloading like crazy, and enabling
traffic shaping on the firewall is just of little help.  What are you
guys using for bandwidth limiting (example: max 7mbps per MAC or IP
address) and for policy enforcement: 30GB/month dl, extra gig is x cents.

Thanks in advance.

Ugo

----

01:27:00