Chuck,

(3 a/b) - Great idea.   Do you sell or have a source for a SOLID cable
assembly that is pinned out that way, that is durable to last carring around
in the field?

We custom punch down similar cable solutions inside enclosures when we want
to extend a second ethernet port to an external relay radio, but have to
inject power to it.
Its all solid secure and tied down inside the case, but not sure they'd stay
togeather well, just taking a raw jack and punching it to a cable.

For business, this doesn't help, because the goal is to connect to the radio
without taking the customer down. But for busness we already justified cost
of an standalone large case for a 433AH.
For residential, your solution should work really well, because the
residential user is not home, the reason for needing to connect at the
radio, and therefore no problem with taking down the system to connect the
Maintenance cable.

(3c) Note, when I said Rootenna, I did not really mean Rootena. I look at
Rootenna as being a style not brand.  I really meant "integrated enclosure".

I agree, I really like the ARC entegrated enclosures.

I'll add.... When we realized Rootennas were too flimbsy for our purpose
(its a comapny image thing), we looked for higher quality. We found that
super high quality with the Teletronic Integrated Enclosures that was also a
low price. But we actually stopped using them that much, atleast for
residential. The reason is that it was to hard to remove the enclosure from
the antenna, in the field, without accidentally breaking the Pigtail, or UFl
connector off the mCPI card. It was hard to HOLD the heavy case and antenna
both, while unscrewing, and sometimes, that pigtail got yanked.

What I like about the ARC system is that that is NOT the case with the ARC.
They are sturdy and quality, but because they are squared off in shape and a
bit smaller and lighter, its much easier to disassemble in the field,
without damaging pigtails.