I'd suggest a three-fold approach.

1. The Board makes a direct contribution to Nimesh's group (say, $1500).

2. The Board asks members to consider making a further direct donation
to Nimesh's group.

3. The Board asks hotspot vendors to consider donating "x" number of
hotspots to Nimesh's group.

We'll need to get info for how to donate to N's group. Maybe Marlon can
get that.

jack

Marlon K. Schafer wrote:
> Re: Support for Comms Infrastructure Setup in HaitiThanks Nimesh,
>
> To the board, we sponsored a site to take donations for Katrina.  I'd like to
> suggest that we turn that back on for donations for use in any disaster and
> that we kick loose any remaining funds for the Haiti event.
>
> To the membership, WISPA has worked with New America for many years.  We are
> *mostly* on the same page and I know many of the people involved personally.
> This is a real group of people that do real things, not just a guy or two
> trying to profit from disasters.
>
> Nimesh, if you come up with anything even more specific let us know.
>
> laters,
> marlon

Jack Unger - President, Ask-Wi.Com, Inc.
Network Design - Technical Writing - Technical Training
Serving the Broadband Wireless, Networking and Telecom Communities Since 1993
www.ask-wi.com  818-227-4220  jun...@ask-wi.com