From: "Scott Reed" <scottr...@onlyinternet.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 8:45 AM
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Firefox add-in

Actually what is used is a IE add-in (not and .asp) that allows IE to
start an executable. It is used to allow a hyperlink to start Winbox and
putty.
We have searched for something that will work in FireFox, but I suspect
Mozilla is security conscious enough that there is no way to make it
happen.
So, if someone can point us to a way to get FireFox to launch a .exe,
Steve will no longer be tied to IE.

Steve Barnes wrote:
> The company that supports us has a in-house Admin system that works
really well. It is a home-grown admin system that gives us customer
tracking and all.  There are links on the customer record to ping the
customer radio, a hyperlink to the radio IP so that it opens a new tab in
windows and allows us to login to a Tranzeo or a UBNT radio. There is also
a link to allow us to winbox or putty into that customers AP.  This all
works great, in Microsoft Internet Explorer.  It takes a .asp IE add-in to
allow all the links to work.  We have not been able to find such a add-in
for Firefox.  I am sorry I cannot give any more info than that as I am not
a programmer and don't know how that all works.

> Any suggestions?
>

> Steve Barnes
> RC-WiFi Wireless Internet Service

----