I have a situation where a rural housing development (very rural, up in the
mountains, far far from town, heavily wooded) is wanting broadband, and it
seems to me that the best way would be to wire these guys up.   I have 900
gear onsite, but the fact that the area is steep, rugged, and heavily
timbered, means I can't get even 900 to work well in it.

When the original owner/developer started this thing, he put in underground
power and phones to some of it, and some of it's in the air.

The roads are not county property, they are owned by the HOA that runs the
development.    Anyone familiar with what legal entanglements and
requirements are involved in stringing fiber?   I would need to run about
1-2 miles, at absolute most, and it would pass 30 to 40 homes / yet
undeveloped lots.

Where do I look for best practices for build out, who's done this kind of
stuff?

Any input or experiences with this appreciated.