I will second your sentiments on Iota. Excellent product, and even
better support.
You will definitely want to have a dc-dc for the newer MT boards, There
are a few decent 18v converters. Unfortunately you don't get voltage
monitoring from the MT, but you also don't have to worry about it
shutting down when performing an equalizing charge.  According to the
experts, the biggest way to contribute to the life of your battery is to
use a charger that provides clean power.
If you want more options for monitoring and control, consider RMS boards
from BND.
We only use Surrette batteries for storage with excellent results.
I might get a little carried away, but I like to monitor the
charge/discharge rate on off grid sites and use some handy little IC's
for that
http://www.allegromicro.com/en/Products/Part_Numbers/0750/