I have had a few switching power supplies die from using them with a
modified sw inverter, and wouldn't trust the combination for a site you
couldn't easily access. If you are using transformer type power
supplies, this may be less of an issue.
In any case you will lose efficiency and thus storage capacity with
inverting, I would try to use DC power direct from batteries if at all
possible, and for high reliability and more efficiency use pure SW.  I
have been known to adapt an industrial PureSineWave APC UPS with
continuous rating to handle a much larger battery storage.