From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Chuck Bartosch
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2010 1:41 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] iPhone ssh app

Yeah, I haven't found tethering to make all that much sense either. My
gf has her iPhone jail broken, but honestly, I think she does it just
because she can...I haven't seen her do anything with it that actually
mattered. I haven't had a problem doing anything I needed (or wanted) to
do without jail breaking.

I also have a Droid at the moment, but damn, I'll tell you, it's a
annoying as hell in comparison. And I really hate the little feedback
vibration every time I touch one of the permanent keys (maybe that can
be turned off-I haven't taken the time to delve too much into the
options yet). I'll keep using it for a few more days but so far it
doesn't compare, even though Verizon's 3G coverage IS a little but
broader out this way (but, it's not as much broader as I'd thought it
was supposed to be).

However, if I didn't have the iPhone as an option, I'd probably love the
Droid. Sure beats what I used to use, even if it doesn't quite meet (for
me) the iPhone standards. As always with this kind of thing, I'm sure
YMMV.

Chuck

On Mar 11, 2010, at 6:04 PM, Data Technology wrote:

> Justin Wilson wrote:
>>    The only benefit I have seen so far of Jailbreaking an iphone is
being
>> able to tether it.   Every App I have wanted to run I can find in the
store.

>>    Justin
>>
> I had thought that would be a great thing to have, then I could
connect
> the laptop and have a bigger screen and kbd to browse with.
> But around here I don't have 3g available, so AT&T is slow for the
internet.

> I then thought that I could just use a wi-fi connection (surly I could

> find one of those!) but then I thought, "you big dummy", if I can get
> wi-fi connection on the phone to tether to the laptop then I could
just
> connect to the wi-fi with the laptop ;)
>
> So I dont't think I really need tethering.

--------

--------------
Chuck Bartosch
Clarity Connect, Inc.
200 Pleasant Grove Road
Ithaca, NY 14850
(607) 257-8268

"When the stars threw down their spears,
and water'd heaven with their tears,
Did He smile, His work to see?
Did He who made the Lamb make thee?"

--------