How many HD Channels? 720p, 1080i?

Is there coax running through the community?  Just as a thought
exercise, I may get a few HD ATSC Hardware Cards, some hefty boxes, and
use VLC to convert the video into a multicast stream, bridge it across
the lake/valley, and reconstitute it into something useful on the other
end.  Depending on how much bandwidth you can get (More the better +
future growth), probably looking at at 100MPS link. (If you decide to
compress the channels to lets say 15mbps).

I heard for awhile that my local cable company was using Winboxes + VLC
and Video Capture cards to encode and distribute the analog video for
their digital STB for awhile.  (Unknown source)

-Israel