I don't see this being a problem at all, and WISPs should be able to play this
game as well.  from 1999 to 2009, 802.11 went from 11 megabits to 150 megabits
at a minimum (okay, halve these numbers for real throughputs).  Following that
trend, 2019 should have us with products at least 2 GB/s over a 20 MHz channel
(again, halve for real throughput).  Surely we could deliver services that use
1/10th of the radio's capacity.

I know usages per customer are going up and it's risky to predict that radios
will continue to accelerate like that, but I don't see it as any sort of doom
and gloom, but a nice realistic goal.  They didn't say EVERYBODY had to have it
available to them, nor does everyone have to take it...  100 megs just has to
be available to 100 million homes.  It's estimated that we'll have 115 million
households in 2010, so that's a lot of people to NOT have it.  Surely 2020 will
have more.

I know I'll be offering it.

-----
Mike Hammett