Have a 5ghz 1mile backhaul, its near-LOS. I can barley make out the tippy
top of the grain leg that the antenna is on. On both sides of link I'm using
24db panels with R52's. Anyway the signal is not that hot, about -73/-74.
TCP Throughput on normal 802.11a is 17.5mbps. Turn on Nstream and its around
23.5mbps. I can not go bigger antenna's or higher on either side of link.
Believe me if I could I already would have. Was thinking about upgrading
each side to an XR5. I'm thinking for another 6-7db improvement over what
its at now. Does anyone have any experience with making a link like this
work? I need 30mbps with Nstream and possibly switching to Turnbo mode and
hoping for 60+mbps. Will amping each end with a pair of RFLINX amps overcome
the attenuation and make the link more solid or will this cause problems?

Kurt Fankhauser
WAVELINC
P.O. Box 126
Bucyrus, OH 44820