That is the classic sign of a mid path lightning strike.
Kind of like looking at a nuclear explosion with field glasses.
It probably hit somewhere closer to the AP than the clients.

We had a strike in the middle of a lake....... it got the AP and all the
clients all around the lake shore, not the Backhaul though because it
was a narrow beam  pointed up at a mountain not down at the water.
That really sucked.........