From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On Behalf
Of Josh Luthman
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2010 9:07 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Email Hosting

Google Apps Partner Edition has a .35/box/month *starting *price.

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St
Suite 1337
Troy, OH 45373

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue
that counts."
--- Winston Churchill

http://sites.google.com/a/ikano.com/partner-edition-google-apps-setup/what-is-google-apps-partner-edition/product-walk-through

Behalf Of Jerry Richardson
> Sent: Friday, March 26, 2010 9:02 AM
> To: WISPA General List
> Subject: Re: [WISPA] Email Hosting
>
> The control panel is very slick. There is an import tool for creating all
of your customer accounts. Old email can be migrated through the control
panel using IMAP, or the customer can import their mail using POP3. You just
need to leave your old server running and access itr via IP.

> Your email URL is hosted by Google so if you co-ordinate it correctly it's
a pretty smooth transition. we had to do it with a gun to our head as our
iMail server failed and I had not completed the setup of the Google Hosted
system (procrastination cost me).

> Here is the instruction page for customer to activate and import their
mail:

>  Dear airCloud customer,
> airCloud Communications has partnered with Google to bring you a host of
powerful new features:

> Gmail<http://mail.aircloud.net/> ~ All of the features and functionality
of a GMail account without having to change your email address, or lose your
old emails.
> Calendar<http://calendar.aircloud.net/> ~ Organize your schedule and share
events with friends. Sync email calendar, and tasks from one place Docs<
http://docs.aircloud.net/> ~ Create and share your work online and access
from any computer. Collaborate online Home Page<http://start.aircloud.net/>
~ Create a personalized start page with weather, mail, calendar, or other
gadgets Mobile<http://www.google.com/mobile/> ~ Access your email, calendar,
and docs from your web-enabled phone. You can also sync your ActiveSync
enabled phone

> To access your email please log into the new server with your current
username and password at http://mail.aircloud.net<http://mail.aircloud.net/>.
You can contact supp...@aircloud.com<mailto:supp...@aircloud.com> to have
your old emails migrated to the new server once you have logged in and
activated your new account.

> POP3 email users such as Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird,
Blackberry, etc will need to set up their account for POP access once your
account has been activated.
> - Log into the new server at the address above to activate your account
> - Go to Settings --> Forwarding and POP and
>            1. Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on.
>            2. Select keep AirCloud Communications Mail's copy in the inbox
>            3. Configure your email client using the Configuration
instructions

> Unfortunately the old server does not have a mechanism to export your
contact list. This is not really a major problem as Gmail allows you to
search for emails using names and keywords so locating an email address on
the new server is very simple.

> We are very proud to be partnering with Google and are confident that once
you start using the new server you will be very pleased with how well
everything is laid out and all of the added features such as Calendar,
Tasks, Chat, WebPages, Docs, and Mobile applications.

Behalf Of Steve Barnes
> Sent: Friday, March 26, 2010 7:04 AM
> To: WISPA General List
> Subject: Re: [WISPA] Email Hosting
>
> Who supports that.  Do you still have to or do you let Google.  Is there
auto setup feature or do you have to set up all the clients.

> Steve Barnes
> Manager
> PCS-WIN
> RC-WiFi Wireless Internet Service