Use the profiler on here:
http://www.heywhatsthat.com/

The website author made it usable for wireless for us. He'll do custom
sites that show only your tower locations too if you want.

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 04:42:27PM -0700, Forbes Mercy wrote:
> Wouldn't it be cool if when using Google Earth you could draw a straight
> line between two points and it would calculate the altitude of each
> origin point then mark in red any place where altitude is higher than
> the beginning and end points along the line?  For long legs in mixed
> altitude areas that would really be nice.
>
> Forbes
>
> On 3/29/2010 1:12 PM, Jim Patient wrote:
> > Well, it prolly isn't good every place but I just selected 3d buildings
> > on google earth and drug my mouse from the street to top of Met Square
> > in St Louis.  It shows the elevation at street level and the top of the
> > building.
> > The difference is the elevation of the building height in this case.
> >
> > Jim
> >

> > On 3/29/2010 2:03 PM, Cameron Crum wrote:
> >
> >> Not for free. This info is usually pretty expensive for good high res
> >> data. That being said, one interesting flaw in the SRTM data is that is
> >> contains "building canopy" within the data. The radar they used bounced
> >> off man made structures and make them appear to be part of the terrain.
> >> So, in big cities, or even small ones in core areas, if you are running
> >> propagation plots, you would not want to add additional building
> >> heights. If you want the most accurate results, I suggest 10m DEM's
> >> (where available) with a good set of building elevation data (the
> >> expensive stuff). If you are just looking to run propagation plots for
> >> your unlicensed network, The SRTM data is probably good enough.
> >>
> >> Cameron

> >> Archives: http://lists.wispa.org/pipermail/wireless/

/*
Jason Philbrook   |   Midcoast Internet Solutions - Wireless and DSL
    KB1IOJ        |   Broadband Internet Access, Dialup, and Hosting
 http://f64.nu/   |   for Midcoast Maine    http://www.midcoast.com/
*/