What Vyatta does is pretty cool. And they have also been giving back to open
source community some of the source they write fixes to.
They are trying to make Linux look and feel  like a cisco router.  I have a
lot of respect for their effort.

But the bad is.... its priced wrong. They are going high end, targeting a
coporate user that might have one or two routers.
They make their money on support contracts and their fees are very
expensive. You pay per router, per processor, per year. And at $600-$900
each./yr or something like that.  Then there is the free community version,
but..... past history showed they have policies to discourage against using
it commercially based on what they update. For example, it was not possible
to upgrade from one version to another, not to long ago w/ community
version. You had to wipe, reload, and hand re-type the config from scratch.
Could you imagine how horrid that would be if it was your Core ISP router
that you needed to upgrade?  Dont expect to get all your routers access to
the update source tree with one license.

When I priced it out, from an ISP's perspective, Imagestream was way more
affordable for a commercial supported product, and also a somewhat open
platform, and of course Mikrotik, although a closed platform, is way more
affordable.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband