From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Charles Hooper
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 8:53 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: [WISPA] Mobile or Temporary Internet?

Hello,

I'm trying to provide wireless Internet to a local festival this summer.
My plan is to set up temporary APs as there isn't any coverage in that
area already. I don't have any towers in the area (or any at all) so my
thoughts are that I would have to talk some local building owners into
letting me put some small antennas on their roof. Do you have any tips
for negotiating these kinds of deals?

Alternatively, I've seen a few people mention using satellite Internet;
I'm wondering who you all use? I've been planning on needing 5Mbps
connectivity. Are there other alternatives for what I'm trying to do?

Thanks in advance,
Charles

----