On Wed, 2010-04-28 at 14:27 -0700, Jason Wallace wrote:
> 1. His script seems to be tailored for RouterOS;

It is RouterOS Specific (currently).  I am in the process of porting it
to Linux (ImageStream).

> he mentions that the script uses the PCQ qdisc (which is RouterOS
> only) and my router is linux based.

No longer using PCQ.  Perhaps I should update that blog...(I'll do that
when I get "a round tuit")  Currently, the script is using RED qdisc and
seems to be MUCH more friendly to the lower end routers.

> 2. It sounds like it was built to control the flows in a macroscopic
> network-wide way, I will need the filters to be applied to every IP
> individually.

This is exactly correct.  It was not intended to be a per user approach.
The system is (currently) about 130 mangle rules.

* Butch Evans                   * Professional Network Consultation*
* http://www.butchevans.com/    * Network Engineering              *
* http://store.wispgear.net/    * Wired or Wireless Networks       *
* http://blog.butchevans.com/   * ImageStream, Mikrotik and MORE!  *