Hi all,

I wanted to see if anyone has any ideas on Availability Monitoring of core
devices and APs. Is anyone out there performing availability reports using
Nagios or anything similar? For example, if something is down for 1 hour,
depending on it's placement in the network, it would bring the availability
of that section of the network down to around 99.990% for the year (99.990%
= 52.6 minutes per year). The issue is that Nagios dilutes the results of
overall network availability by including all the 100% figures that were not
included in the outage.

Is anyone organizing their reports in a different fashion that more
accurately portray availability of a network? I understand this is quite a
loaded question not knowing the topology or any of the configurations of our
Nagios implementation.

Thanks in advance!

--
Nick Huanca