On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 5:43 PM, Steve Barnes <st...@pcswin.com> wrote:
> Ok I have never even thought about doing this.  Does it actually work?  This
> sounds WAY to simple.

Yes, it does. Passive reflectors and passive repeaters are usual
chapters on microwave literature, and you can read a brief description
of them in Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passive_repeater

> A 29Db Grid on a Grain Leg  pointed at the AP that has a -68 signal plugged
> into a 24 DB Grid Pointed to the house 1/4 mile away.  What kind of signal
> would you have on the back side at the house?

Without knowing the frequency it's hard to say, but you can apply the
usual link budget calculations to get an idea. Depending on the
antenna radiation patterns the final result can be different of the
simple link budget (either better due to coupling or worse due to
phase distortion).  I would include some vertical separation on the
tower if possible.

Gut feeling: 1/4 mile is short enough for this to work.

Rubens