I want to thank Faisal Imtiaz of Snappy Internet and Telecom for pointing out that the TDWR location data on our website at <http://www.wispa.org/?page_id=2384> is not correct.

The "Miami" coordinates are actually for the Memphis TDWR. It looks like the FAA "slipped" by one line by recopying the Memphis data onto the Miami line in the data table that we were given.

I'm already checking to obtain the official, correct Miami coordinates. Until I receive the official data and we can get it onto our website, the unofficial coordinates that Google Earth shows for the Miami TDWR are N 25.762499, W -80.478884.

By the way, TDWRs are often not located right on the airport that they protect. They are usually located a couple of miles away where they have a clearer view of the horizon.

If you see a suspected error in the TDWR data, please let me know offlist and we'll work to publish the correction.

Thanks,
               jack
--
Jack Unger - President, Ask-Wi.Com, Inc.
Network Design - Technical Training - Technical Writing