Hiya Jason,

First off, get a caching system installed.  One of the oldest (and probably
best) is Squid running on a linux system.

Next, how many miles will you have to go to get bandwidth in a
bigger/cheaper place?  How many hops would it take?  lets say that you put
towers no further than 15 miles apart so you can run AP's at them too.
Better yet, find a barn or something similar every 15ish miles....

Here's why I ask.  A $20,000 loan of 5 years should run you about $800 per
month.  Give or take a little.

Next, how many subs do you have?

I assume you are getting killed on your usage and need another $t-1 that you
can't afford.  Take the number of subs, divide by 800 and then raise your
prices that much.  Lets say you have 150 subs, you'll raise prices by
roughly $5.00.  Tell the subs that you're doing this to get more bandwidth
and make their internet run faster.  Nearly none of them will bat an eye.

combine that with a Squid box and they'll think they died and went to
heaven!

OR, if it looks like that $20,000 will get you your own backhaul raise the
prices and tell folks you are putting in a backup upstream connection, more
bandwidth, whatever.

And buck up.  We didn't start making money till we'd been doing this for
about 7 years.  Now that I've been in wireless for 10 our income is growing
FAST.  Each new customer is a lot more of a net revenue than the old ones
were.  Heck, I've had to pay taxes for 3 years in a row now!  yucko!  grin
marlon